I first published Hopi Candles, a comprehensive account of the candles and their amazingly beneficial effects, in 2004 and updated it in 2005. Its non-technical language makes it accessible to the lay reader as well as to the therapist; it contains many case histories of people who have found relief through ear candling and much, much more.
The French version (2009) is entitled Les bougies auriculaires et leurs bienfaits méconnus.
From the Inside Flap
The ear treatment candle (or cone) goes back thousands of years, evidence of its use having been found among Native Americans, Latin Americans and people from around the Mediterranean basin.Its main objective is to stimulate the body's energy systems, working on the acupuncture points in the ear and the peripheral lymph system. It is also extremely effective in such conditions as sinusitis, glue ear, migraine, impacted wax etc. and for relaxation.
This is the first book that deals with the subject in-depth as Jili Hamilton brings us the benefit of her experience, together with numerous anecdotes from her clients.
What Readers say:
- WELL DONE -it's a great publication and I wish you abundant success with it.
- Chris Stormer (the Universal Foot Lady, South Africa)
- Jili Hamilton's book, Hopi Candles, is a wonderful book that explains all about Hopi candles, how you can use them and their benefit to mankind. It is written in a very easy to understand style yet bursts at the seams with quality information for the reader. I have no hesitation in recommending it.
- Philip Soloman, medium, author, writer and broadcaster.
- Jili Hamilton is one of very few who has managed to publish a book about Ear Candling and is talking sense! She has gathered information from a wide variety of sources and has combined it in this book, which is now available in English and French.
- Dr Patrick Quanten, MD
- Being a previous sceptic about both the benefits and the safety of Hopi Candles, this book has completely changed my perspective. [It] has provided me with a fresh insight on this treatment which is certainly something I hope soon to offer my clients and would recommend it to any therapist who would like to offer extra treatments to clients with conditions such as excessive ear wax, glue ear, migraine and headache, sinus problems and much more.
- Eileen Burns, Therapist, Scotland
- I am terrible for collecting books on therapies I perform and trying to find anything on Hopi Candles was almost impossible, there are only two books and this one is brilliant, gives great insight into the background of the candles.
- A reader from Liverpool, UK
- Very informative book - well worth investing in. This is only the second book I've been able to find on ear candling and it was definitely money well spent. It tells you the history, the treatment and some case studies too - I'd certainly suggest this book should be added to any ear candling therapist's book shelf.
- A reader from Oxfordshire, UK